Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Today I received a call from the American Cash Awards and

Customer Question

Today I received a call from the American Cash Awards and Sweep Stakes Company and sending me a letter using the letterhead of the American Senior Citizens Sweepstakes Company telling me I had won $8.5 million and a 2016 Mercades Benz as a bonus. They have indicated due to International Laws and regulations, I am required to pay a Government approval Fee of $3,500. They indicate that it is imperative that this transaction is complete, so as to ensure that the check is delivered promptly eliminating over night fees. They claim that there office is at*****in Las Vegas, Nevada. However, the first call was from a(###) ###-#### which is Jamaica and the second call was from(###) ###-#### which is Las Vegas.and the number he asked me to call is(###) ###-#### which is New York. He informs me that his office is in Las Vegas, however, his contact number is(###) ###-#### Although I received all of this confidential letter and one page showing me a picture of the Mercades Benz, one page showing me a picture of the Bank of America cashiers check for $8.5 million and one page showing a picture of the four Managers and Directors in nice suits. The Executive Director John Willis will be calling me tomorrow regarding the fees. I became suspicious when I saw the call from Jamaica. Is this Sweepstakes a scam.? I look forward to your response. Thank you, *****: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when exactly were you notified?
Customer: I am located in Fresno, California and I was notified this morning Wednesday 7-12-17.
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: Do you mean the Mercadez Benz dealer?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is the American Cash Awards and Sweep Stakes Company a legitimate Sweepstakes Company and are they a subsidiary of the American Senior Citizens Sweepstakes Company, which I believe is a legitimate organization?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

This is a SCAM. DO NOT fall for it. No legitimate sweepstakes company would ask you to pay fees in order to claim your award. Please ignore ALL calls from this Sweepstakes company. They are trying to take you for a ride. Again, THIS IS A SCAM.

Best wishes,