Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

Is it not appropriate to request receipts of paid in full

Customer Question

Is it not appropriate to request receipts of paid in full from our contractor's subs to verify all balances have been paid? Every sub I have contacted has told me that my contractor is the customer even though he paid with my money and they have not been willing to send me a paid-in-full receipt for services. Why is this?
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 8 days ago.
Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs. Thank you for your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.
Be aware, however, this is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.
The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. While I am happy to speak to you, if you wish, I am also happy to continue online. So, there is no pressure to spend extra money. Some people just prefer the speed of a phone call and that the information not be posted on the public forum.Does your contract with the general require the general to provide a final waiver of lien before receiving full payment?