Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I use Bard catheters 6+ times daily. I opened one and tried

Customer Question

I use Bard catheters 6+ times daily. I opened one and tried inserting and cut the opening of my urethra. I bleed quit a bit. I still have the cut catheter and the one I inserted after that shows the blood. I did go into a walk in clinic to make sure I would get an infection.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Wisconsin
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: There is a Doctor statement and I contacted Bard Inc. also sent a letter explaining. They want me to return the defective catheter but I won't. I did send them numerous pictures of the catheter
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The letter sent to them stated that I would like to be reimbursement for medical cost, also for my pain and suffering. I do have a bit of discomfort, I think scare tissue built up
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Bard is willing to pay my medical bills and there was a urinalysis done. What dollar amount due I give them for pain and suffering?

Thank you for the information. However, I am unable to further assist. So, I will opt out to give another Attorney the opportunity to further assist you.

Goodluck with your case,