Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

I purchased a can of Holmes seasoned cabbage and when my

Customer Question
I purchased a can of...
I purchased a can of Margaret Holmes seasoned cabbage and when my husband took a fork full there was a piece of metal 1" long with sharp edges on it. He managed to bite into it and spit it out before thankfully swallowing it and who knows what kind of damage to himself. I wrote to McCall Foods and sent them pictures of the object and all they would to for me is send me a $5 Walmart gift card and a coupon for one of their products. This is totally unacceptable to me. Is there any thing I can do?
JA: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: I live in TN and I have no idea where to turn for help
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: Yes, at least 6 times
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I think I covered it all
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
6/17/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Loren, Lawyer
Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs, and I look forward to assisting you.
Did your husband suffer any physical injury? Did he receive any medical treatment?
Infolawyer, Lawyer