Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Attorney
Experience:  Knowledgeable and Experienced Attorney
16911602

I have questions regarding lemon law in pa, Not yet, I want

Customer Question

I have questions regarding lemon law in pa
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: Not yet, I want sure what I need to do.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not sure if I qualify or not
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I purchased my Ford Focus new in 2014. My basic warranty was 3 years or 30,000miles. 13 months after buying I started having clutch problems. My car is an automatic, but has a clutch controlled by the computer. The first repair attempt was a reprogramming of computer. This was done at 21052 miles. Was serviced again 2 months later where the replaced the clutch. Again the clutch was replaced in 9/2016 and again yesterday 7/15...what do I do about thos..they keep replacing the clutch bit it continues to be a problem
Expert:  Attorney 1 replied 4 months ago.

hello, and welcome. I am a licensed attorney and happy to assist.

Under the Pennsylvania lemon law, you need to contact the dealer about the defect within 1 year or 12,000 miles whichever comes first. Since the clutch problem occurred outside of the window, the lemon law does not come into play. I wish I could tell you otherwise, but having accurate information allows you to make informed decisions going forward.

Since you have a warranty, the dealer must continue to try to repair the problem. Also, check your paperwork because if the problem can't be repaired, the warranty may require replacement of the vehicle, essentially providing much of the same recourse as the lemon law.

I hope this helps. If you need additional information or clarification, just let me know and I'll continue to provide assistance. If I have addressed your issue and/or pointed you in a positive direction, please let me know that, as well. Also, please remember to leave a positive rating when prompted, as that is the only way attorneys on this site are credited for the help we provide.

Good luck!

Best,

Attorney 1