Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney
94475420

I am not sure if I chose the right category. British Airways

Customer Question

I am not sure if I chose the right category.
British Airways (BA) by mistake charged me two tickets instead of one and it has been 7 months they have not refunded the extra ticket. I bought the ticket for my father. I live in CA (even at the time of purchase). Disputing through my credit card didn't help either.
I guess my only choice is to take them to CA county court. As the value us $1100 I thought the solution is to take them to small claims court. Am I right?
To whom and to which BA office location and Tel number I should have the papers served?
Let me know if there is anything else I am missing that I need to consider.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Bill Attorney replied 1 month ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank You for posting your question to just answer today. This is attorney Bill offering legal information specific to your concerns.

You can check with the Secretary of State's office in California . They should have registered process server to whom you can serve a small claims petition.

Under consumer law and contract law you are entitled to a full refund.

You can issue them a letter of demand for a refund prior to filing. This usually resolves the issue and many clerks require you first to do so before filing a small claims suit which costs approximately $30.

As another avenue you can file a consumer complaint with the attorney general's office who will contact BA and seek a refund on your behalf.

https://oag.ca.gov/consumers

Please be patient for my follow up and answer when you request additional clarification or information and REMEMBER TO RATE POSITIVELY TODAY FOR THE INFORMATION RECEIVED.

Please remember to rate positively my response before exiting.

THIS IS HOW I GET A CREDIT FOR MY TIME AND RESPONSE

SO I HOPE YOU RATE 5 STARS TODAY

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Which of these 2 solutions will be faster or easier?Are you stating that in addition to the dispute and the letter they asked me to send to their office in UK, I should send another letter to their Agent for Service of Process in CA?

If you booked your ticket in California and BA have an office in California.

Here is their agent for service of process in California, I did the search for you:

https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/CBS/SearchResults?SearchType=CORP&SearchCriteria=british+airways&SearchSubType=Keyword

You can serve this person here.

A consumer complaint through the AG's office would be a good first option .

But you can also sue directly.

SO I HOPE YOU RATE 5 STARS TODAY

Thanks

Attorney Bill