Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

I purchased a used truck last week from a marine in 29 Palms

Customer Question
for $5000. He stated in...
I purchased a used truck last week from a marine in 29 Palms for $5000. He stated in his ad that it only needs spark plugs and the condition was good. Well I purchased it and it needs a new motor that will be $2800. I already put a new alternator in? Do I have any recourse? I still have the ad. Thanks, Glen.
JA: Sorry about that. I must have missed it. Could you tell me again?
Customer: I purchased a used truck last week from a Marine in 29 palms for $5000. He stated in his ad that it only needs spark plugs in the condition it was good. I purchased it and it needs a new motor that will be $2800. I have already put a new alternator in it? Do I have any recourse? I still have the ad. Thanks for your time! Glen
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?
Customer: California, 2000
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I can think of. I just want to know if I have any chance of recourse?
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
6/15/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: KnowYourRights, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
KnowYourRights

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Yes, you can, if you can show and support that the truck was not in the same condition as advertised when you purchased it and the seller knew and misrepresented the condition of the truck, which you relied on when deciding to purchase it. A party can not misrepresent and engage in false advertising to induce someone to buy a truck and if they did, they could be sued and liable for damages and the cost of repair.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Infolawyer, Lawyer