How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Toyota Camry 2009 that experiences excessive oil

Customer Question

Hello,I have a Toyota Camry 2009 that experiences excessive oil consumption. I have to add more than a quart of oil after 1000 miles. I have been doing this for more than two year. I haven't contacted by Toyota to let me know that there is a problem with my car and for that I should bring it to a dealership to fix it. I just found out that Toyota has acknowledged the problem which is excessive oil consumption of Toyota Camry models 2007-2009. Also, I just found out that they sent out Warranty Enhancement Letter ZE7 to the owners of those cars and they pledged to fix those cars . Today I went to my dealership and talked to them about the problem that I am having with car and I mentioned the Warranty Enhancement Letter ZE7 to them and they refused to include my car because it got 180,000 miles on it and the Warranty Enhancement Letter ZE7 is limited to 150,000 miles max. The problem is I didn't know such Warranty Enhancement Letter ZE7 and I have been adding oils for years and after I found out about the problem they are not willing to include it in the Warranty Enhancement program. you. ***** (###) ###-####
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If your car was part of a recall, then you would have to comply with the recall terms. If you were outside of the warranty extension from the recall, they legally do not have to cover the repairs under that warranty. However, if the car is defective in manufacture, then your recourse is to seek to have your own lawsuit filed for product liability, but under the law you had 3 years from date of discovery of the defect to file suit for product liability based on the defect. So you can still sue them for their defectively manufactured product and depending on cost of repairs, if it is not that much, you can sue in small claims without an attorney.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.