How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 57714
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have signed a 12 month contract with ATA martial arts

Customer Question

Hi, I have signed a 12 month contract with ATA martial arts academy and need advice on getting out of the contract
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: St. Louis, Missouri
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, we began classes in Feb of this year and have been paying every month
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My 5yr old daughter and I are in India and due to visa issues we may not be able to get back to the US
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have attached the contract for reference
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 4 months ago.
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.Can cancel due to major relocation.If company refuses can threaten following: You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific and are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Kindly rate me five stars. Leaving a bonus after rating is very much appreciated.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
They are asking for proof that my move is permanent. I will be in India till my husbands visa issue is sorted so would it still be considered as a relocation. Also can I stop paying the fees till this is sorted out?
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 4 months ago.
Out of the country without any immediate plan for return would qualify! Good luck. Kindly rate me five stars. Leaving a bonus after rating is very much appreciated.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What documents would they require to verify if my move is legitimate
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 4 months ago.
They may ask for the new address and confirmation of travel tickets. They may periodically check in.If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
supposse they let me out of the contract based on the move and my husbands visa issues are sorted in the next 3-4 months and I go back, what it create any problems
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 4 months ago.
Will not. Once released its over. Get their agreement to release in writing.Please rate me 5 stars.