Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

A contractor is trying to get me to pay for some work that I

Customer Question

a contractor is trying to get me to pay for some work that I never agreed to
JA: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: CA
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: it's for services
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 4 months ago.
Reject it as unauthorized in writing. You can also threaten following - You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.
If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.