Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a question about auto repairs under warranty where…

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question about auto repairs under warranty where the certified auto mechanic and the manufacturers technician disputes the failure of parts even though the engine is still under warranty

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Texas, vehicle is 1998, had a rebuilt engine installed in 2014 that was warranted for 3 years regardless of mileage - warranty expires in August

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not anything legal but I make notes of all calls and situations and have complete dateline and diary of events.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that i know of

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/15/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Under the Manguson Moss Warranty Act, they will need to honor the warranty. If there is a dispute between the mechanic and manufacturer, then there are two options. First, you can file a complaint with the Attorney General in Texas, who under the MMWA has to provide mediation services in warranty disputes. Second, you can file suit for breach of warranty against them and prove in court that their part is defective and covered by warranty.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.