Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

I am trying to get my UB04 form from my hospital and they

Customer Question

I am trying to get my UB04 form from my hospital and they are giving me the run around. They have told me they can fax it to me but it takes 5 business days. I agreed to that and after 5 business days and no fax I called again and they told me they were sorry and they would put in another request. I've gone through this with them for over a month and still nothing. Is there anything I can do legally to get this taken care of?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Arizona
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, we have just tried calling them and now we feel like we need to take further action however we don't know what the next steps are
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We tried going down the hospital to get the form there and they said they don Don't bill there and we have to call
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You can start by filing a complaint to the AZ Department of Health and Hospitals as well as to the AZ Commissioner of Insurance for the hospital billing department refusing to send you the proper forms upon your request.
If they cannot resolve the claim, unfortunately there is no other legal process to get the form other than turning it over to your insurer and letting them pursue this on your behalf. You can sue them only if you lose your insurance claim because of their conduct and then have an actual financial loss to sue them over.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.