Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I am being sued by a previous employer he is stating that I

Customer Question

I am being sued by a previous employer he is stating that I stole money which I never did: he asked me to falsify documents for a IRS audit bc his business practices were not ethical and he never reported cash. I was served with a summons a few days ago but it had my husbands name on it as well which is confusing. Is that because we are married and the laws of Arizona?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Your Question:

Response: It could be. However, that is not proper because your husband was not employed with the company and thus should not be a part of the lawsuit. So, the Summons should be challenged as being improper because it includes the wrong party. So, you need to file Motion to Dismiss for improper service. You can obtain blank Motion form at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

You also need to report your former employer to IRS fraud hotline.

Goodluck with your case,

A 5-star rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive proper credit for responding to your post. Kindly use the popup screen to give the rating. There is no additional cost to you for giving a 5-star rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.