Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

I work for a retail clothing company and we have a headache

Customer Question
Hello I work for a...
Hello I work for a retail clothing company and we have a headache customer we have been dealing with for some time. She often sends us paypal disputes for items she purchased 6 weeks ago on sale. As per our refund policy all sale items are final sale and we only refund full priced items within a 7 day window. On top of this all of the items she purchases from us are for her posh mark account where she doubles the price she purchases the items for, she only tries to return items to us once they do not sell on her posh mark account. We want to refuse this customer service in the future. Can you point me in the right direction of a lawyer who can give me advice on how to go about this?
JA: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?
Customer: CA.. There have been several attempts. As of right now we are dealing with one that she purchased on 03/31/17
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: She just sent us a paypal dispute for a refund. We have email communications with her where we have told her several times all sale items are final sale but offered her a store credit for the returned items which she has received. So right now she already has the store credit AND is asking for a refund. All items were just as stated etc.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that is it
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
5/10/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: LegalPro, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
LegalPro
LegalPro, Lawyer

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

You have every right to choose who you do business with and are absolutely free to decline further transactions with this individual. You don't need a lawyer to accomplish this. You can just inform the customer in writing that you will no longer sell to them due to their history of refunds. This is perfectly legal and nothing more is required.

If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....

Great Thank you so much!

You are most welcome. Again if there is anything more I can do for you just let me know. It's my pleasure....

LegalPro
LegalPro
LegalPro, Lawyer