LawTalk, Lawyer
Experience:  I have more than 25 years experience in the legal profession.
15277592

We suspect that a brick layer is not going to do the work.

Customer Question

We suspect that a brick layer is not going to do the work. It has been a month with four
different dates he said he would be here to do the work. His phone has maxed out of
messages and his email is not going through. He is not registered with the Better
Business Bureau. We issued a check for $1400. to pay for the brick. We fill that he is
not going to complete this job. How do we proceed in collecting our money.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

You really don't have much recourse aside from suing the contractor for Breach of Contract in small claims court and getting a judgment against him for the money advanced.

Make a demand on him for the return of the money as he has not done the work as agreed, and when he does not return the money, you may file the small claims action.

You may reply back to me again if you have additional questions, and I will continue to assist you.

I am not an employee of this site and I am only paid for helping you when you rate my service to you. Please remember to rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars on your screen (preferably 5-Stars) so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours well in 2017,

Doug