Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My daughter plays volleyball for a club. We joined with the

Customer Question

My daughter plays volleyball for a club. We joined with the promise of two practices per week. We paid all of our club fees in full. But only got one practice on Tuesdays and sometimes on Sundays, because on those days we had tournaments. So they never reschedule them. I have received back and forth emails from the director of the club, stating that they did not promise two practices, and of course I feel I have been ripped off, ALL OF THE PARENTS in her team feel this way. Also, the last email I recieved from this director accused my daughter of showing male genital pictures to other players in the girls bathroom. When I asked my daughter about it, she assured me it was not true, but another girl did do that while my daughter, the girl, and other players where in the bathroom. This same girl, that my daughter says showed everyone dirty pictures, has called another girl on her team "ni**er" , and has been reprimanded for it. And complains that she does not get enough play time on the court and that my daughter gets to much play time. My daughter is a starter. I feel this girl lied out of jealousy. I'm angry that not only feel like this club is tacking advantage of us but that my daughters name is ***** ***** with false aligation, pretty disgusting ones as well. I would like to know what i can do? Should i contact our local police department and file a report letting them know that this girl WAS THE ONE who showed my daughter and other players these male genital pictures? I don't like anyone smearing my daughter name. Also, because of this accusation, my daughter cannot play on her club team until she explains herself infront of a bunch of people. This is embarrassing, it's a lie. This girl, the club director and the girls mother have tarnished my daughters reputation. If you spoke with both my daughters coaches, teacher and other teammates, they would tell you my daughter is a wonderful girl. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: Indiana
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your daughter's difficulties.

You would need to file a Police complaint against the girl.

You also need to get an Attorney to send cease and desist letter to the girl and her parents to stop the lies. Otherwise, a lawsuit would be file against them for defamation of character.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys who handle defamation issues to assist with the case:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Best wishes,