Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

I bought a used car from dealer but the car is broken at

Customer Question
second day, I want to...
I bought a used car from dealer but the car is broken at second day, I want to return the car and get my money back but then said i sighed the contract means I know the car fact and they do NOT have any return policy. The car has big Security risks we can not drive at all. what should I do now?
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: Florida. 2013
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: they said no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i speak Chinese, when i tested the car they told me it is 6000 miles, but when I got home I saw it is 15000 miles. thet said they told me before I signed the contract but I really do not remember that. My English is so so I think they treat me.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
5/9/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question. You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. Such options and preparation can lead to settlement.
If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.
Infolawyer, Lawyer