Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

The Audi delearsship totaled my car in the road test after…

Customer Question
The Audi delearsship totaled my...
The Audi delearsship totaled my car in the road test after bringing it in for service. I owe $15k on the loan and. Red another car. Help!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
5/4/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: JBaxLaw, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
JBaxLaw
JBaxLaw, Lawyer

I will be assisting you. Do you own the wrecked car or is it a lease? It appears to be a purchase arrangement.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I own, there is a loan. I put down $8k 2 years ago and have an extended warranty with 2 years left. I just refi'd the car one week before they crashed it. I owe $15k on the car. Their insurance is taking care of it and are looking to pay off the loan and give me $1500 for a new car, which I don't see as feasible.

If you were to pursue a civil suit, recovery would be for the fair market value of the vehicle. It does not matter what you owe in that if the market value is over $16,500 they need to increase the payment. This often requires negotiation. If the vehicle is worth less than $16,500 then you are getting a good offer. The key is fair market value so be sure to research what these vehicles are selling for in your area.

Please follow-up with me as needed. I am here to assist. If you have a moment, please leave my answer a FIVE STAR rating. I rely on ratings to provide information here.

Thank you