Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I'm having dispute with a car service shop because they

Hi Pearl I'm having dispute with a car service shop because they cause a leak in my car door and the final cost of completing the repair is $2500 but they're denying the leak was their fault.
JA: How old is the vehicle? When was it purchased?
Customer: i'm not sure what type of lawyer I'd consult with who could draft a letter because I think that's all it'll take to get them to comply they just need to see I mean business
JA: What state are you in?
Customer: 2009 porsche purchased 2 years ago they did work on the car door, another shop's diagnostic traces the leak to the work they'd done so they just need to pay out that $2500 to replace the panel that's been permanently damange and they're resisting
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, all set. thank you. where will this lawyer be located?

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

I can suggest some options for pursuing, preparing a claim. would you like that?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hello, thank you.

working on that and coming up shortly.

You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.You stand to recover not only your actual losses (compensatory damages) but also interest, costs and legal fees. on occasion special damages (punitive damages) are also available.Company should settle to avoid the above including legal fees.If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This is great, thank you.

very welcome

Kindly rate me 5 stars.

bonus always appreciated