Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years experience in general legal matters.
17897874

How do I dispute improper credit card charges?

Customer Question

Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.

I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and my goal is to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.

Once they appear on your statement you can smply call the credit card company and make a formal dispute. You will explain why they were unauthorized and the credit card company will contact the merchant to see if they have proof or the authorization.

The investigation can take up to 90 days, but the charge will be reversed on your account during the pendency of the investigation.

If the merchant does not respond or can not provide proof the charge was authorized the charge will be removed permanently.