How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 34436
Experience:  30 years experience in general legal matters.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I dispute improper credit card charges?

Customer Question

How do I dispute improper credit card charges?
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.

I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and my goal is to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.

Once they appear on your statement you can smply call the credit card company and make a formal dispute. You will explain why they were unauthorized and the credit card company will contact the merchant to see if they have proof or the authorization.

The investigation can take up to 90 days, but the charge will be reversed on your account during the pendency of the investigation.

If the merchant does not respond or can not provide proof the charge was authorized the charge will be removed permanently.