Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney 40 plus years private practice. Real Estate, Wills, Trusts, Injury claims. Still active.
18215332

I took a man to small claims court in December 2015 and won.

Customer Question

Hi! I took a man to small claims court in December 2015 and won. He stole $1700.00 from me. He won't pay me back and works "under the table". How can I get my money back?
JA: We have a 30 day refund policy so you can simply email***@******.*** and they will try to fix your problem or refund your money.
Customer: what is the cost?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: I still don't know the cost
JA: Have you contacted the seller? What documentation do you have?
Customer: oh yes, several times
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes, my winning judgement from small claims court
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I tried garnishing his wages but he doesn't work on the books
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 3 months ago.

Of course he won't pay you back. Thieves never do that. All you can do is try to find someone who he is doing work for and who owes him money. Then you might be able to garnish that person for whatever they owe him. THe forms are similar to the ones you have used to try to get a wage garnishment. Good luck.

I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

Hello again. I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.