Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Ms, California....I got an issue with Tax collector office…

Customer Question
California....I got an issue...

California....I got an issue with Tax collector office when they sent me a Notice of Delinquency dated 2015-2016 property tax year which we received way back June 13,2015, It took me 7 working days to get all bank statements and presented to them on June 21, 2015

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

To continue and June 22,2015 presented proof of payment these all endorsement checks they received . I filed and presented in person in downtown La office and also paid what was due shown on Notice of Delinquency that amount is $118.00 I got a receipt of that payment. Ms wilson this is the injustice with all the proof I provided them will be more than enough that I fully paid my property tax year 2014-2015 and as matter of fact over-payment of $80.00 they now arbitrary applying to property tax year 2013-2014 To me it doesn't make sense, To me whether it's my fault or theirs is still over-payment and it should be refunded.Ms. Wilson this not injustice they are doing to me & my wife both of us senior and american citizen since 1969 and became U.S. citizen in 1976 & 1978. Ms Wilson I hope you don't mind me telling you half of the frustration i am having.

Lawyer's Assistant: Welcome! How can I help with your legal question?

Please... Do have pro-bono recommendation?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I will find out the result after the meeting scheduled for March 24,2017 in Lion's den

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes.....All our issues with Tax assessor's Office was probably an honest mistake or not by crediting somebody else Issessor's Id.No. 8044-032-026 instead of my is 8044-032-025 that is INJUSTICE they blame me for somebody else mistake that alone is incomprehensible to do this to

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
3/22/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: AttyHeather, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
AttyHeather
AttyHeather, Lawyer

Hi! I'm Heather. I've been a practicing attorney for the last 15 years, and I'd be happy to assist you for informational and educational purposes.

Has the tax assessor received the copies of your endorsed checks. You need to provide them with copies of the front and back of the checks, which will show that those checks were deposited. That will allow them to research the issue and find out where the money went, and then, get it transferred onto your account.