Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am having difficulty in getting an insurance payment made…

Customer Question
I am having difficulty...

I am having difficulty in getting an insurance payment made to me. My clients lawyer had intercepted all payments for my clients auto accident. They never notified me that they were doing this. They have not sent the funds that I billed to the insurance, and which the insurance company has cut and sent the checks. They have not given me guidance with how I should proceed with billing (other than send it to them), or when I can expect my payments, both current and going forward.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have not yet reported this firm to anyone because I do not know what my rights are in this mater. I am a massage therapist, and have been working with this client for 6 months on this accident, and the insurance company had been paying me in reasonable time.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
3/22/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer,

Thank You for posting your question to just answer today. This is attorney Bill offering legal information specific to your concerns.

Sometimes , I will need some more information surrounding your question.

You can contact the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies and file a complaint against the insurance company.

https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/dora/contact-dora

They will contact the company in relation to your issue.

If non-payment continues to be an issue it is possible to issue a civil letter of demand an eventually instigate civil litigation proceedings if they refuse to release funds as agreed.

Please be patient for my follow up and answer when you request additional clarification or information and REMEMBER TO RATE POSITIVELY TODAY FOR THE INFORMATION RECEIVED.

Please remember to rate positively my response before exiting.

THIS IS HOW I GET A CREDIT FOR MY TIME AND RESPONSE

SO I HOPE YOU RATE 5 STARS TODAY

Thanks

Attorney Bill