Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Ok so about a month ago i got into a car accident. I was not…

Customer Question
Ok so about a month...
Ok so about a month ago i got into a car accident. I was not at fault. The car lot that i was buying my vehicle through told me to have my car towed back to them and they would take care of everything. I have not gotten the estimate that they promised to me for my insurance. Also they refuse to return my calls. I am willing to buy another vehicle from them but when i call i get transfered to an answering machine. I need either my vehicle repaired or a new one. What are my rights and is there anythong more i can do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
3/21/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear this; they cannot begin repair until an estimate is provided to the customer.

A repair estimate must be in writing.

If they don't return your phone call then one would need to sue in court for an injunction based on breach of constructive trust and breach of oral contract-basically for not following through with the car repair. Normally the court will issue the injunction in addition to other damages such as those that are reasonably foreseeable and proximately caused (ie rental car fees) and possibly punitive damages if they find the party acted in bad faith.

The insurance adjuster may also wish to view the damage so they typically try to access the car.

http://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,7-127-1585_50410_50412-33494--,00.html

http://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,7-127-49534_50301---,00.html

complaint can be filed here:

http://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,7-127-1585_1620-31315--,00.html

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;
if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answer.
Thanks!