Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We had a new roof put on our house in Aug 2013 By a company…

Customer Question
We had a new...

We had a new roof put on our house in Aug 2013 By a company STIO. The company went backrupt, we had paid the the full amount except $1000.00. We were waiting for a invoice on the $1000.00 but it never came. After some time (4-2014) we received a letter from Walsh & Gaertner attorney for shingle supplier Forest Specialties. We did not replay, we were very angry about the whole thing, amd who do we call if anything goes wrong our roof? fast forward to Nov 2016 we receive a Statement of Claim & Summons. We figured we were going to have to deal with this and we have not paid for work done on our house. We figured the guy who delivered the shingles deserves to be paid. So we called Walsh & Gaertner. We explaine that we had recieved a summons and whated to reslove this matter. We paid them $750.00 in Nov. We never went to court date because we thought it was a done deal, but when the conciliation court keep sending us notices we started to wonder. Between emails & phone call we determine this wa not summons from Forest Specialties. Walsh & Gaertner keep telling us he would send us a release & direction us on how to proceed, but Greg Walsh never did. Now the case has been turned into a civil case and the name of the company is Carmjohn Destefano, which we have no idea who this is. We don't know how to proceed? Ccan you give us direction? Some one told us we could file a "Special Term Motion", but we don't know what this would do? Will it reopen the concilation case. We just don't know where to turn. Help. ***@******.***,(###) ###-#### Linda & Greg Kelm

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Minnesota

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I'm not sure of this question? We have court Summons number for Conciliaton court and a number for Civil case.

Lawyer's Assistant: This sounds important. The lawyer will definitely help you with this. I'm going to connect you with a lawyer who has 8775 happy customers and a 4.6 out of 5 Rating. Anything else we should know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you give me info on the above question?
Answered in 2 days by:
3/24/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Irwin Law, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer

THere is not nearly enough info provided to be able to tell you anything other than you are involved in some kind of court proceeding, which you already know. I cannot call you directly outside of JUST ANSWER, but I can set up a phone call through our premium service where there is an additional charge of $59. But again, as long as you can't provide details about what is going on in court, I don't know how I can assist you. Suggestion: either go to the court itself and look at the files under the case numbers that you have. Most states have gone to putting all court proceedings online, and you might be able to look them up that way. Try: http://www.mncourts.gov/Access-Case-Records.aspx