Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

In 2014, I placed my Concert Performer electronic piano on…

Customer Question
In 2014, I placed...

In 2014, I placed my Concert Performer electronic piano on consignment with THE PIANO COMPANY of Leesburg, Virginia. At the time, I lived in Haymarket, Virginia, but in 2015 I moved to Portage, Michigan. The piano sold in 2016, but I have so far not received any money from THE PIANO COMPANY. Can I sue in small claims court in Kalamazoo or Kalamazoo County so that I don't have to travel to Virginia to settle the issue.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

The state is in my typed message. Did you get this?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There are other details, but you have the substance of the issue.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
3/21/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Dwayne B., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Other than you living there, what connection does the case have with Michigan?