Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

I have an extended warranty that authorized repairs to my…

Customer Question
I have an extended warranty...
I have an extended warranty that authorized repairs to my vehicle and after authorizing it they then declined to pay. They then dropped me as a customer and said they would reemburse me all my payments and they haven't.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
3/20/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney with Just Answer. I'll be here to help today! Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

So, in your case it seems like there may be an issue with breach of contract. If one party does not perform their obligations to a contract and has no defensible reason for not performing the contract, then that party will be in breach of the contract. In this case, it appears as if after they agreed to authorize the repairs to your vehicle, they were required to remit payment for it to the service provider. By refusing to honor the payment without any justification, then they are in breach of contract. You can probably handle this informally by giving them an opportunity to make payment and honor the contract. Or, you could probably file a lawsuit in your local court for damages sustained for the time that your vehicle was not repaired.

Let me know if you have any additional questions, thanks for using Just Answer!

Also, it’s the worst part of my job to ask, but would you be able to provide me with your opinion of my service? It helps both me and Just Answer get better on figuring out how to serve you. Remember, follow up questions in this thread are free!

Can you refer me to an attorney that can help me with this case?

I believe I can help with that. What state do you live in?

Miami Florida
Three zero five eight seven seven nine zero nine two

You're in luck actually. The State Bar of Florida has a lawyer referral service that can help you out. For instance, if you click here, you can start finding an attorney that is qualified and experienced and local. This is often much better than a Google search as these attorneys must qualify to get on this list.

I don't care where you are. Maybe you want this case. I know I'm being hun
Let me know if you have any additional questions, thanks for using Just Answer!Also, it’s the worst part of my job to ask, but would you be able to provide me with your opinion of my service? It helps both me and Just Answer get better on figuring out how to serve you. Remember, follow up questions in this thread are free!

Hi, thank you so much for working with me a few days ago. If you don't mind, would you be able to rate your opinion of my service? You can usually provide a "star" rating further up on the screen. Five stars is always appreciated, but never required:-)

Legal Eagle, Lawyer