How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 6391
Experience:  20 years of proefessional experience
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My question is in reference to a dispute with my homeowners

Customer Question

Hello My question is in reference to a dispute with my homeowners insurance company
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Ga
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I filed a claim. And had to do a deposition hearing. I was incarcerated and had my lawyer call them and the case was put on hold until I became available now that I'm home the tellin my the sol pass
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is there anything I can do there was a verbal agreement stating it would be put on hold
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 6 months ago.

Your lawyer can apply for a declaratory judgment action where by he seeks a court order that states that based on the communications between the parties, the SOL was agreed to be tolled till you were released from prison. Here is the law. Here is a sample complaint to use as a go-by.

Please Note:

(1) The information I provide is general in nature and for educational purposes only. For example, it may help you identify the scope of receiving unbundled legal services from a local lawyer. It should not be construed as “legal advice” or as the rendition of “legal services” on any subject matter. I am not a specialist in any field. This information may not reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction and is not guaranteed to be correct or complete. No attorney-client relationship is established without a signed written agreement and our communications are not confidential. Please do not act or fail to act based on this information alone. If you need legal advice or services regarding a specific matter, you should consult in-person with a local lawyer who can guide you after reviewing all the pertinent details of your situation. This disclaimer also applies to any telephone communications we may have.

(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours.

(3) When we are done, please assign a feedback rating.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions