Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I'm not the best at these, I type slow. I just got off the

Customer Question

I'm not the best at these, I type slow. I just got off the phone with an online business, their greeting stated that they would record the call. I went and got my recorder and set it up to do the same. The lady that finally came on line, I let her know that I was going to do the same on my end. She then told me it was against the law for me to record her, for which I stated this didn't sound right JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location. Customer: florida, Jacksonville area JA: Has anything been filed or reported? Customer: sorry tina I hit the wrong button. I got 3 bottles from them foe which they received 3 payments of 5$. The lady that I spoke with stated she could find the oeder in their system JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you? Customer: yes I'm a 1 1/2 finger typer thank you

Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Roger replied 7 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Are you asking whether or not it is legal to record a telephone conversation?