How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 26745
Experience:  18+ years of NYS litigation experience.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I requested a custom paintbjob quote from an auto sports

Customer Question

I requested a custom paintbjob quote from an auto sports company in nyc the bronx. They seem to find the paint job request to be too difficult for their standards. If lets say, i move on after i had described my idea to them, and instead i go with another company thats already said it can do the paint job. If when i move on and go to the other company thst said it can do the job, and lets say later i find that the auto sports company that i initally asked to help me out then sells the idea to some other buyer. Could i sue them for not initally doing the paint job i asked b4 they went and sold my idea to some other buyer of their prefrence.
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 6 months ago.


I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Did you patent your idea?

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 6 months ago.

A merchant has the right to turn a customer away, so long as they do not do so on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity or other constitutionally protected grounds. You cannot sue them if they later take or use your idea, unless you own the intellectual property rights to the idea.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 6 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions