Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

I purchased a heat pump furnace and thermostat a little 2

Customer Question
years ago. The heat pump...
I purchased a heat pump furnace and thermostat a little 2 years ago. The heat pump has broke down twice, the fan on furnace has broke down twice. And now the thermostat has gone crazy. I heard there was a lemon law and I want to know what it intells
JA: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: Ohio and no not yet
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: Yes just talked to them today someone from another department is suppose to call me back I wanted to c what I could find out before I talk to them
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
1/5/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
In OH, the Lemon Law applies to passenger cars, motorcycles and other noncommercial motor vehicles.
Is the product still under warranty?
The first year it covered most everything now for the next 3 or 4 years it is limited. I just had the fan fixed about a month ago and had to pay $200 for the service but the part was under warranty. The heat pump is down right now for the 3rd time and the thermostat has gone hay wire now too. Every time the heat pump goes out it raises my electric sky high. There is no indicator on my thermostat to tell me we r on emergency heat.
Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately, as there is no lemon law for HVAC systems in Ohio, you are restricted to the terms of your warranty. Thus, you would have to seek repairs under the terms of the warranty. If they came out and fixed a problem within the 1st year of the warranty and it is still not working right, you can claim coverage based on negligent repairs and if they insist on charging for new repairs for problems they already allegedly fixed you can sue for reimbursement for what you had to pay them. Other than repairs they already made that are still not working, any new issues that come up, your rights are governed by the terms of your warranty I am afraid.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer