Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My friend had his car repo'in in 2000 which in turn caused

Customer Question

My friend had his car repo'in in 2000 which in turn caused an insurance lapse thru motor vehichle but mva states if i can get a repo letter they will close the case. My problem is that chrysler financial was acquired by TD bank and they state they dont have nor ecord so now what can i do?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Check you credit report to see if the report appears on your credit file--check Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion. If it does, you can print out the report and give to the MVA. If it does not, you have to contact the successor lender to see if anyone there would research the issue and find out what is going on. If the car was repossessed, there should be a record of it.