How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 34091
Experience:  30 years experience in general legal matters.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I bought a used car with 50,000 miles on it and it's a night

Customer Question

I bought a used car with 50,000 miles on it and it's a night mare there are multiple issues with the engine. There is 1 year left on manufacture warranty but that is voided cause the previous owner voided it with car parts. And the dealership is not helping me. What do I do.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 8 months ago.

I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and my goal is to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

Expert:  Loren replied 8 months ago.

Did the seller misrepresent the status of the warranty when the car was sold to you?

Expert:  Loren replied 8 months ago.

Was the car sold as-is except for the manufacturer's warranty?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Does this cost money each response I get?
Expert:  Loren replied 8 months ago.

If you are having trouble, you can reach Customer Service assistance at this link:

where you can chat, call, or send a support request. You can also email directly to***@******.***

Please be aware that I am a site user like you (I am not an employee of JA), and I do not (and can not) see any account info or address payment issues, but that Customer Service will be happy to assist you.


Customer: replied 8 months ago.
If it wasn't sold as is. What can I do? If it was what can I do? They said I had a year left on warranty, but they didn't mention that motor was altered and that warranty was no good
Expert:  Loren replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for the additional information.

If you can show they sold the vehicle knowing the warranty was voided and intentionally misrepresented that to you, you can file suit for fraud, consumer fraud and breach of contract.

If you prevail in the fraud claim, you may be awarded punitive damages and attorney fees.

If your claim does not exceed $15k you can sue in small claims (Magisterial) court. Small claims court is designed to be a "user friendly", simplified process, so that you can present a claim without an attorney. Also, it moves much more quickly than regular court. You can get the necessary forms to start from the clerk of the court.

Expert:  Loren replied 8 months ago.

You can also file a consumer complaint with the Georgia Attorney General. They will investigate and take administrative action, if they deem it appropriate.

Expert:  Loren replied 8 months ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Thank you!