How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 6823
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I bought a used vehicle from a dealer in May of 2015. I was

Customer Question

Hi. I bought a used vehicle from a dealer in May of 2015. I was recently rear-ended by someone and when the insurance company inspected the damage they found damage from a prior accident. My insurance company can't find a shop to fix the current damage because the prior accident damage was not repaired properly. Do I have an recourse against the dealer for selling me a car that was previously in an accident and they did not disclose that information?
JA: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: Arizona. I have not spoken to an attorney yet I would like to see if there is something I can do before doing so.
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: I contacted the dealership that I purchased the vehicle from.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have GAP insurance that I purchased from the dealer when I bought the car that covers it for 24 months/24000 miles. Don't know if that helps
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 months ago.

Seller breached the contract and if this this intentionally, committed fraud.

I can outline some options for you. would you like that information?