Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney 40 plus years private practice. Real Estate, Wills, Trusts, Injury claims. Still active.
18215332

I was just informed that Currinton,LLC ,has just purchased

Customer Question

I was just informed that Currinton,LLC ,has just purchased my mortgage from Bank of America. My arrangement with Bank of America had the bank take my $1,015.93 out of my checking account, automatically. I was called and told that I was a month behind my payments. I ask why didn't you take the money out of Wells Fargo bank like Bank of America did. The worker at the other end of the phone said that if I paid Dec. and Jan.(ahead of time) that would give Currinton the time needed to arrange the auto-payment with Wells Fargo. I am waiting for info on this problem. They also changed my payment day from the 5th of the month to the 1st of the month. Strange that they can do the day change, but not the method of payment. I am 71 years old. I try to cause no waves and I try to pay my bills on time. This auto-debt payment should be fix by Currington, not me. This is their job and not mine. If they want a disabled, widower to do their work, I charge $50 an hour. Please help.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Colorado
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. I want auto-debt with my checking account(Wells Fargo) and I want the 5th of the month re-instated.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer. However, our rules do not permit us to take action on behalf of our customers. We can merely provide information. What is it that you wish to know.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What will the big banks in-action hurt my credit score. I just read this weekend that two of the three big credit rating companies will be investigated for sloppy work and incorrect credit ratings. Hearings should be held in Washington and (?) various state capitols. With my own situation; the banks should want to help a senior citizen who is disabled and a widower. Just auto debit my mortgage--is that too hard? I thought with computers things like this would be easier then it was in the "old days". I guess we should bring back the poney express--they seemed to be able to handle such matters better then we do today.

I agree. Banks have vastly over-extended their servicing numbers and rely almost exclusively on the computers to handle everything. That lumps everyone into the same facts 'basket'. If you sit back and do nothing, Currinton (Is it "Carrington Mortgage Services"?, see https://www.carringtonms.com/) computers won't help you, and you risk ending end up in delinquent status, or evenforeclosure. It's best to do it the way they instruct you to and get your account back on the right track yourself. The only thing I can tell you from your information is that you can't change anything like the payment due date on an existing mortgage; however, most WF mortgages, including mine, have a 16 day grace period before a late fee is incurred. If you payment goes in on the fifth, that is okay with them.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.