Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years experience in general legal matters.
17897874

I just purchased a car on Wednesday and couldn't get the

Customer Question

I just purchased a car on Wednesday and couldn't get the hood to close the next day. Not really happy with my purchase. What can I do?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.

I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and my goal is to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.

Was the car purchased as-is or with a written warranty?

Have you asked the seller to make a repair?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have a warranty through my financial provider. There is nothing on any documents that I sign that says all purchases are final. Yes but II'm skeptical about my purchase because I'm having problems on the second day of my purchase
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.

You are entitled to enforce the terms of the warranty and have any covered repairs paid.

However, unless otherwise specified, you would have no general legal right to rescind the purchase (any more than a seller could come to your house after you paid for a car and demand you give it back).

Of course, the dealer can agree to take the car back and refund what you have paid, but there is no legal obligation to do so.

Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.

I realize this is probably not the answer you were hoping to receive. Also, please remember that this is not a moral judgement on my part. As a professional, however, I am sometimes placed in the position of having to deliver news which is not favorable to a customer's legal position, but accurately reflects their position under the law. I hate it, but it happens and I only ask that you not penalize me with a bad or poor rating for having to deliver less than favorable news.