Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

How do I start a third political in the United States?

Customer Question

Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
There are already multiple political parties in the US. If you want to start one you can do so by forming a non-profit corporation that is a political group. You form your corporation with the secretary of state and then you file a form 1023 for your non profit with the IRS and you would explain the purpose of your corporation is to run political candidates and pursue political agendas in the US. You will also have to register with the state elections board and submit quarterly finance reports on any money you received.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.