How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 19280
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I bought a car for my wife and her and I are in dispute. The

Customer Question

I bought a car for my wife and her and I are in dispute. The car is titled to her with me as Lienholder. How can I get possession of my car?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Could you explain a little more?

How did you become the lienholder?

Did you pay for the car in cash?

Kindly clarify.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i paid for the car in dl is expired and i was unable to purchase it in my i purchased it in her name with the intention to turn it all in my name when my dl was renewed.i opted to go on the title as lienholder. How can i get my car
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for the information.

Unfortunately, this is not going to be a simple repossession case because you are married. You would need to file lawsuit against her in Court for an Order to take the car back if she is refusing to give the car back to you. In the alternative, you can retain the services of a repossession company to repossess the car for you. That way, you would be protected by the repossession company's insurance if the repossession goes wrong.

Goodluck with your case,

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions