How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrakeLAW Your Own Question
DrakeLAW, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 764
Experience:  Attorney at Drake Law Firm PLC
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
DrakeLAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have received a wage garnishment from a case that was

Customer Question

I have received a wage garnishment from a case that was supposedly decided against me in 2006. I had no knowledge of this until last week, as the case was dismissed in 2004. How can I prevent the wage garnishment at this time?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 9 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 9 months ago.

Did you speak with the plaintiff's attorney?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
their paralegal who asked me to submit an affidavit and police reports
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I sent over an affidavit - but given the age of the case I no longer have police reports. The wage garnishment is set to begin today and I need to have it halted so that I have time to fight it.
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 9 months ago.

Well, all you can do for that is file an objection to the wage garnishment.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Does an attorney need to do that?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
How would I submit this to the Court?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is there a recommended form?
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 9 months ago.

No, it doesn't need to be an attorney. You file it with the court. They may have forms available for people. If you tell me exactly what court it is I can look and see if I can offer a suggestion.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 9 months ago.

Right but I need the exact court name. It should be near the top of the first page. of the Writ.