Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

This is not minor to me. Since August 5th I have been in a

Customer Question
to the death battle with...
This is not minor to me. Since August 5th I have been in a to the death battle with my insurance company. I have Medicare through AARP with United Healthcare, Parts A and B, and Part D with OptumRx.
It is a long ugly story of a prescription denial that turned Machiavellian. I was, in a way, forced, to research all things medical and the law. Medicare, CMS, FOIA, HIPPA, the Supreme Court (there were two decisions against them handed down) and lower courts (there are 42). I only researched cased that were similar to mine.
They have misdirected, misinformed and flat out lied to me. I received three of the most absurd letters last week. Now I'm told that I have to write letters to dispute their letters. I did but I'm winded. I've gone to every conceivable agency including the Secretary of State's Health Department. I have demanded my medical records through the mail, fax and email.
Each research article I used to back myself up began at the top with the web address, then the full article. Many sites that were for medical professionals only allowed me a week or a month's free pass after I explained my plight. When they deny, they use two companies that absolutely refused to let me look at their information. I told my insurance that if I can't have access to how they came to their decision that I reject it entirely. It is against the law to deny me access. They don't care.
I was given a new prescription by my psychiatrist. I took it to my Rite Aid but they did not have a generic. On their computer they couldn't find a Rite Aid in a 10 mile radius that did. They called my insurance, explained the situation, but they denied me. That is against the law. The next month my pharmacy had the generic. The next day I took it and my body revolted. Shakes, sweating, and my mind wouldn't stop racing. I called my doctor and told him so he asked for an exemption for brand only. Since the pharmacy called them it is no longer an exemption it's an appeal. Again it's against the law. That was August 5th and the insanity that has gone on since has turned me into a hyper-focused computer researcher, I'm back where I started from and can't leave the house and more. For one month I had actual relief. I showered, went to the market, saw friends outside of my house, did laundry, made my bed, etc. This may seem minor but for me it is like living in hell.
I need help. They have truly made me suffer. Look at me, I'm writing to a ghost.
Jamy Stevan ***@******.*** (###) ###-####
Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
11/22/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 12 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Hello Jamy. I am so sorry to read about your ordeal.

Regrettably, this site does not offer legal representation. However, you can use the sites below to find an Attorney or national law firm that handles health care issues and denial of prescriptions to sue the insurance company for denial of services.

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Consumeradvocates.org

Goodluck with your case,

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law