How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 118305
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ms, My husband and just vented into a trucking business and

Customer Question

Hi Ms Wilson,
JA: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: My husband and just vented into a trucking business and financed a 2009 Volvo truck in Gulfport MS from American Trucking. We gave them a list of items to be serviced and they did not do anything until the driver got there. The truck broke down on the way to Georgia and the sellers refuse to pick up the truck and fix it. What course of action can we take to protect our selves?
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: It is actually a used vehicle sold by a dealer
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am in Georgia and this is my first time contacting someone
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If they gave him a warranty and agreed to fix things for him, then they are bound to fix them. If they are refusing to do so, then your husband needs to get an estimate of repairs and will need to get the repairs made and sue the seller for not fixing what they agreed to fix. That will be something that is up to your husband, especially if he needs to use the truck, to pay to get repairs made and then sue the seller for the cost of repairs for their breach of contract.