How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalGems Your Own Question
LegalGems, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 10484
Experience:  Research Attorney; Private Practice; Attorney Mentor; Mediator
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
LegalGems is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a resident of Seattle Wa but I am in school in

Customer Question

I am a resident of Seattle Wa but I am in school in Nashville Tn. My car here in Nashville with me is due an emission test in Wa. Do I really have to drive 36 hours back to Wa. to have an emission test for my car which is here in Nashville Tn with me while in college?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 11 months ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Expert:  LegalGems replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your patience;

here is the form (please see the first link here)

That will postpone the test until the vehicle is back in state.

In the future, it can be done within one year of the due date.

It may be worthwhile, as an aside, to check with your insurance company- it may be cheaper to register the car in the educational state since rates vary by location.

If it is a national company they will assign a local agent to that car, with other possessions back in WA remaining with the original agent.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Expert:  LegalGems replied 11 months ago.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;
if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answer.