How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 116815
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I wanted to ask a question that if i can sue SHAZAM actually

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: I wanted to ask a question that if i can sue SHAZAM actually they blocked my debit card this morning when i was doing a payment after that i called my bank to findout why my account blocked and my bank told me that they blocked my card because i was putting wrong expiration date and security code, when i confirmed my details, bank found out that SHAZAM has put wrong details of my card in there system
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: i am from IOWA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no this morning it happend
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, no, you cannot sue them for doing this because the amount of damage is not enough to sue over. Once you contacted them, they had an obligation to correct the error and if they refuse to correct the error or send a new card if necessary, then you could sue them for breach of contract in small claims court, but again, the amount of damages would not be a significant amount since you can use checks to get your money and it is more an inconvenience (as seen by the court) than an actual loss or damages.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.