How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 6801
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have been scammed by a plumbing company. I intend to file

Customer Question

We have been scammed by a plumbing company. I intend to file a complaint with our BBB office but do not want to get sued.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Thanks for listening ! EJB
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: Yes, sent a registered letter with return receipt, to company owner, two weeks ago. No reply.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: This plumbing company is registered with local BBB, has a local license with local Building Department which accepts compaints, and county licnce with a department which also accepts complaints.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me what state this is in?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions