How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 117459
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I bought a givenchy boots at saks Beverly Hills, i wear it

Customer Question

i bought a givenchy boots at saks Beverly Hills, i wear it for about an hour or 2 in vegas after i get back to my hotel room my legs is very painful and notice some bleeding on both legs, around my legs, until now you can still see it, ugly scars, itchy uncomfortable, i went to Saks talk to the manager, she wasn't helpful at all and rude, i showed her my bleeding legs, she doesn't care at all. maybe because im not light skin and doesn't look like rich people of the hills. i want my money back, i paid $1800 plus on this boots.
2nd question, my mom was admitted to holycross hospital, heart failure, kidney failure etc. in icu for more than a week, then the doctor discharged her with out taking it to downgrade department to be monitored, i told the doctor do not discharge because my mom said she can not breath still, the hospital call my son and ask him to get my mom, after my mom got home, 2 hours later she cant breath 911 was. called brought her to ER and worst, this time she was admitted to icu for almost a month and she almost died because of this doctor negligence i need to know if my mom jas a case?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid that once you wore the shoes, they do not have to give you any refund I am afraid. If the boots caused you injury, then you can have a claim against the manufacturer, so you need to contact the manufacturer and explain to them what their boots did to your legs and ask for them to refund your money. If they will not refund your money, then you can sue them in small claims court to get a refund for their defective product.
2nd Answer.
Under CA law, in order to have a case for medical malpractice, you require a medical expert to testify that the conduct of the doctor was below the reasonable standard of care. See: Mann v. Cracchiolo, 38 Cal. 3d 18, 694 P.2d 1134, 210 Cal. Rptr. 762 (1985).
So you need to get another doctor to review her charts and make a determination as to whether or not this doctor was negligent for not properly monitoring her before her release. If you can get a doctor to write such a report, then you have grounds for your mom to sue the doctor for malpractice.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions