Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

PayPal appeal denied For the safety and security of the

Customer Question

PayPal appeal deniedFor the safety and security of the PayPal network, we often review accounts for potential risks. After reviewing your account, we have decided to close it because of security issues.
JA: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: Just happened it today
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: I subbited invoices that i got from manufacturer
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm a seller on eBay. Suddenly 12-13 Nov 2016 sales increased then paypal asked me submit Photo id, proof of address, supplier information, invoices then paypal denied
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately Paypal is a private business, but they do have a legal obligation under the Homeland Security and anti-money laundering laws to monitor suspicious activity. However, if you provided proof of sales from eBay, which is easily done and they correspond to the paypal transactions, then they should reinstate the account and you need to call again to speak to a supervisor and continue to push your appeal, because the final option is only to sue them for improperly shutting your account and that will take a year or more to pursue and that will not be an immediate fix to your situation.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I purchase goods from china/hong kong. I pay through paypal. supplier ship via dhl others. Replacemnt Shaver head, replacement Beats earphones. Is there any copyright issue
?
Thank you for your question. This is a new question and should have been opened as such.
As long as none of the clothes or items display registered trademarks such as they would violate the corporate trademarks as counterfeit goods you are not violating any laws.