How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 33460
Experience:  30 years experience in general legal matters.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I purchased a Toyota sequoia from Edy's Cadillac in Wichita,

Customer Question

I purchased a Toyota sequoia from Edy's Cadillac in Wichita, KS on August 6, 2016. We have not received the title from the dealer, just promises that the "check is in the mail" answer. We ran out the 1st 60 day temp tag and received the 2d, 60 day tag, and it runs out the 2 of December. That brings the total days of waiting to 120 after the purchase. If the dealer cannot produce the title, could we bring the vehicle back, and have them pay-off the loan, any money we have paid out on repairs, and truck payments.
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?
Customer: Its a 2005 Toyota Sequoia Wichita Kansas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No we just were told the title is in the mail.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thats it.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Every contract to sell a car, unless otherwise specified, carries the implied warranty to convey the car with clear title. If the dealer has not done so then you can sue them for breach of contract.

Since the sale price probably exceeds $4000 you will not be able to sue in small claims court and it is recommended you retain an attorney to represent you in court. If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys). Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are all peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.

You should also file a consumer complaint with the Kansas Attorney General's Office: Consumer Complaint

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions