How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 33030
Experience:  30 years experience in general legal matters.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I signed a contract with a co to replace my bath tub I gave

Customer Question

I signed a contract with a co to replace my bath tub I gave them $600 down. It was supposed to be finished in 6 to 8 weeks I called after 8 weeks and the said the could install it the following thursday I told them no I wanted my $600 dollars back They said I was not entitled to it because I did not remind in the 3 days it said. Is this true I did not know they were not reliable they are on Angies list
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: When they called Wednesday they said to fill out the rewind form and mail it in I got a call today and the man said they would not give me my $600 dollars because I breached the contract I said then that I would have to talk to a lawyer
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The sales person said He would have the office mail me out a price breakdown and the gift cards they advertised in the mail and that he would send someone out to make his measurements were correct. that never happened
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 8 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Was there a schedule or time for completion stated in the contract?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
could you just answer my question
Expert:  Loren replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for the additional information.

If they breached the contract then you can demand your money be returned. If they refuse you can sue them in small claims court for the return of the money and any other damages you incurred by the breach.

Small claims court is designed to be "user friendly" so that you can present a claim without an attorney. Also, it moves much more quickly than regular court. You can get the necessary forms to start from the clerk of the court.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions