Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

I signed a contract with a co to replace my bath tub I gave

Customer Question
them $600 down. It was...
I signed a contract with a co to replace my bath tub I gave them $600 down. It was supposed to be finished in 6 to 8 weeks I called after 8 weeks and the said the could install it the following thursday I told them no I wanted my $600 dollars back They said I was not entitled to it because I did not remind in the 3 days it said. Is this true I did not know they were not reliable they are on Angies list
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: When they called Wednesday they said to fill out the rewind form and mail it in I got a call today and the man said they would not give me my $600 dollars because I breached the contract I said then that I would have to talk to a lawyer
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The sales person said He would have the office mail me out a price breakdown and the gift cards they advertised in the mail and that he would send someone out to make his measurements were correct. that never happened
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/11/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Loren, Lawyer

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Was there a schedule or time for completion stated in the contract?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
could you just answer my question

Thank you for the additional information.

If they breached the contract then you can demand your money be returned. If they refuse you can sue them in small claims court for the return of the money and any other damages you incurred by the breach.

Small claims court is designed to be "user friendly" so that you can present a claim without an attorney. Also, it moves much more quickly than regular court. You can get the necessary forms to start from the clerk of the court.

Loren, Lawyer