How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 27050
Experience:  18+ years of NYS litigation experience.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What type of lawyer would I talk to? I have an insurance co

Customer Question

what type of lawyer would I talk to? I have an insurance co that will not pay incurred health bills. They have a pre-existing clause
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: all bills went directly to the insurance co
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the insurance co says the application was not correct. If correct they would have turned down coverage
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 9 months ago.


I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please tell me the US state you are in.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 9 months ago.

I don't know where you are, but there are lawyers who specialize in health insurance denials, and that is what you'd be looking for. You'd ask for a health insurance dispute or health insurance denial lawyer.

Unfortunately, we are not able to give you a direct referral to a lawyer or a law firm because that's a violation of the terms of service of this website. But I can direct you to the same referral services that lawyers themselves use when they need to consul with an attorney out of state or in a different specialty and they don't know of anybody.

An excellent source is your State Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service. They charge a fee of around $50 for the referral but it includes a free consultation with the attorney they refer you to. You can contact them here. Just click on your state.

There are also commercial referral services, where you can search by subject area and location. A popular one that's been around for many, many years is Many of Martindale's lawyers are peer and client rated to help you narrow down your choices.

Good luck

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 9 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions