How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A car ran into while i was waiting at a stop light to turn.

Customer Question

A car ran into while i was waiting at a stop light to turn green. I obtained a lawyer. I was covered under my daughters insurance, we lived at different addresses but in the same city. I gave all of this information to my lawyer. they told me they woudny take my case if they didnt believe that they could win. I had to go to physical therapy, pain management and so on to try and recover from a fracture and several other injuries, i also had cervical injuries. to make a long story short the insurance company filed a motion to be dismissed from my case which somehow they won. I did win the other part of my case with the defendant who struck my car. Now i have a bill from the insurance company for over $57 thousand dollars which. what can I do. I dont know how thius happened . it seems to me that they should have foreseen if there would be a problem with the addresses being different two years ago. Thank you in advance .
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: michiga Michigan
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I won the case against the driver. not nearly $56 thousand dollars though.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: with a bill of $56,000 I cant even think straight
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Your daughter's insurance is entitled to reimbursement for anything they paid that was eventually covered by the other insurer you sued. So you need to go back to your lawyer and he needs to negotiate this with your daughter's insurance company to resolve this dispute. They are seeking reimbursement because you were paid in your claim against the other insurer, so your attorney needs to negotiate with them to show them what you received and to arrange to reimburse them some based on the amount you received in the suit against the other insurance company.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions